Re: [Tails-dev] notes on derivatives

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] notes on derivatives
intrigeri:
> sajolida wrote (22 Sep 2015 14:34:27 GMT) :
>> I started dumping ideas on what we should tell to people proposing to
>> run Tails derivatives. It's here:
>
>> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/derivatives/
>
> Thanks a lot for working on it. I've finally took time to read this
> document, added a pointer on the ticket, and pushed a couple
> minor changes.

Cool, thanks!

>> It's more of a brainstorming for now and I want to redact it better
>> before we can point people to it.
>
> I think it's good enough to be used as-is: not having any such thing
> has been harming us for years, and I'd rather having that one rather
> than none ⇒ I would personally add markup for the section titles and
> publish it as-is. Nothing prevents us from improving it later :)

Sure. But then where should it be published? In /contribute under
"Relationship with upstream", here "upstream" being Tails? Anything better?

Then I'd still like to spend one hour to wrap these points with a bit
more glue. For example, during yesterday's meeting u had a hard time
understanding what "Don't build your own ISO images" meant which is the
key concept here.

>> But still I wanted your opinion early
>> on its content: Am I going in the right direction? Did I miss anything
>> important?
>
> Excellent work! I'll probably want to add some more specifics on the
> technical side in there some day, but this is the kind of things that
> gets obsolete, so I think I'll only do that on demand, when the need
> arises and it sounds like a more detailed answer can be useful again
> in the future *and* not too painful to maintain.

Ok.