[Tails-dev] TAILS 1.6 spoofing problem ANOTHER view

Autore: Ilia Alexeev
To: tails-dev
CC: tails-support
Oggetto: [Tails-dev] TAILS 1.6 spoofing problem ANOTHER view
In the addition to the previouse bug report(s):

Excuse me for my opinion, please, but maybe it will good to do spoofing as
the following:
1) try to spoof MAC address immideately when an adapter are recognized (on
the start of the TAILS) or are inserted after then
2) disable the adapters that can not be spoofed at point "1"
3) define the strategy as "using only spoofed adapters" instead of "spoof
all MAC addresses or nor" as it is now in TAILS 1.6 version.

In my case, when I NEED *to disable* the onboard wi-fi adapter and I NEED *to
spoofe* the external USB wi-fi adapter, this strategy can be the solution.

In addition, this "dynamuc" strategy can help to the user to find the
"spoof-abiled" external usb wi-fi adapters WITHOUT the TAILS be needed to
be rebooted (restarted) after any tested adapter.