[Tails-dev] new spoofing strategy RISED BIG problem in my ca…

Author: Ilia Alexeev
To: tails-support, tails-bugs
CC: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] new spoofing strategy RISED BIG problem in my case
Hello! There is the BUG in the TAILS 1.6 regarding to the new strategy of
the MAC address spoofing. *In the short:*
if the onboard wi-fi adapter is disabled then the spoofing of an external
USB wi-fi adapter do NOT PERFORMED :( .

My PC have an on-board Wi-Fi adapter that I MUST to "hide" when I use the
TAILS!!! Becouse of this reason I have an addition, EXTERNAL USB Wi-Fi
adapter espetialy for working with TAILS. And again: I *MUST* to disable
the onboard wi-fi adapter when I use the PC with TAILS!!! (The onboard
wi-fi adapter is disabled by me in the BIOS. The wired LAN adapter I do not
disable - it stay be enabled in the BIOS.)

Before the last version (1.6) of TAILS all was well: the onboard wi-fi
adapter was DISABLED and I was using the external USB Wi-Fi adapter without
my PC was be seen for anybody becouse of the ONBOARD wi-fi ADAPTER ARE
DEACTIVATED (and in second, becouse I use the MAC spoofing - that is very
important in my case! (excuse my english, please)).

BUT now, after the TAILS *1.6* was delivered, *it is impossible to me to
use the TAILS !!!* :( The reason is: the *external USB Wi-Fi adapter* can
not be used when the onboard *wlan0* adapter are disabled!!! :( Sometims
external wi-fi adapter even *do not accessed* to be spoofed!!! And
sometimes I get NOT any message about the spoofing was failures even
external adapter was accessed.

Note: One time I see the external adapter *was spoofed* on TAILS 1.6 *EVEN*
the onboard adapter still to be disabled (in the BIOS). I can not to repeit
this - but I see that the external wi-fi adapter was named as wlan0! In
this case the spoofing of the external adapter was succesfuk even the
onboard adapter was off!!! Suddenly, I do not know to repeit this --- BUT
if it can be doed by demand - this will be the sollution of this kind of
the problem (onboard wi-fi adapter must be off when the external wi-fi
adapter must be spoofed).

I spend big effort to find the workaround for this my problem - becouse I
*NEED* the onboard wi-fi adapter *to* *be off* !!! But I do not find ANY
solution and now I'm isolated from the Net.

PS. There is an addition bug: when TAILS *1.4.1* used then today i get the
next:
"You should upgrade to TAILS *1.5*" - and not "upgrade to *1.6* (to the
current today version).

PLEASE!!! Solve the problem that disconnect me from the net!!! I need the
onboard wi-fi adapter to be PERMANTLY disabled and I NEED the spoofing of
MAC address of EXTERNAL wi-fi adapter ONLY!!! Now TAILS offer the spoofing
of *ALL* MAC addresses...
If for your opinion for the security reason the concept of the spoofing
must stay as "*ALL* MAC address" then rephrase it, please, as "spoofing of
all *ACTIVE* adapters": I need the onboard wi-fi adapter to be OFF before
(!) the PC are swithed on!!!

Thank you in advance and help me, please!!! I nedd the TaILS - but now I
can not use it becouse I need the MAC spoofing!!!