Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Monitor build fails

Nachricht löschen

Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Sascha Steinbiss
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Betreff: Re: [Tails-dev] Tor Monitor build fails
Hi all,

>> As you can see, the tarball is created if it does not exist. Does this work for you?
>>
> No, it doesn't work under Tails (based on wheezy), but I tried under
> jessie and the build starts... but then I hit:
>
> $ gbp buildpackage --git-dist=jessie --git-arch=i386 --git-pbuilder -uc -us
> gbp:info: Building with pbuilder for jessie
> Building with pbuilder for distribution jessie, architecture i386

[…]
> dpkg-source: info: local changes detected, the modified files are:
> tor-monitor-packaging/tormonitor.desktop
> dpkg-source: error: aborting due to unexpected upstream changes, see /tmp/tor-monitor_0.1-1.diff.3aQP6Q
> dpkg-source: info: you can integrate the local changes with dpkg-source --commit
> dpkg-buildpackage: error: dpkg-source -b tor-monitor-packaging gave error exit status 2
> gbp:error: 'git-pbuilder -uc -us' failed: it exited with 2

I tried immediately cloning and then building with your exact settings (--git-dist=jessie --git-arch=i386 --git-pbuilder -uc -us) on a newly created jessie-i386 cowbuilder base and it finished fine for me. Indeed it would be really useful to know what the differences are.
Did you try the above directly after cloning or did you start a different build before which then was aborted or failed? Could it be that, for example, there are still patches from a previous build applied to the source? Try ‘quilt pop -a’ before rebuilding to make sure all patches are removed.

Cheers
Sascha