[Tails-dev] Support of "go get" command

Author: billingsciences89
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Support of "go get" command
torsocks probably wouldn't work as demonstrated and explained in the
github thread [1].

"WARNING torsocks[7342]: [connect] Connection to a local address are
denied since it might be a TCP DNS query to a local DNS server. Rejecting
it for safety reasons. (in tsocks_connect() at connect.c:177)
12:19:17 libtsocks(7342): Error 1 attempting to connect to SOCKS server
(Operation not permitted)
[Mar 06 12:19:17] WARNING torsocks[7342]: [connect] Connection to a local
address are denied since it might be a TCP DNS query to a local DNS
server. Rejecting it for safety reasons. (in tsocks_connect() at
connect.c:177)"

"I think torsocks doesn't work because go get needs to send an
HTTPS(fallback to HTTP) request with ?go-get=1 for any imports from
domains without hardcoded behavior (as described in the go get
documentation) but then later it runs git which Tails has already
configured to use Tor via torsocks. Running git under torsocks under go
get under torsocks fails because the outer torsocks doesn't allow the
inner torsocks to connect to localhost. Running go get under torsocks
would probably work if you removed Tails' git config"

Since Tails doesn't ship Go, some custom configuration is probably the
best solution. Not sure if I have the skills for it.

[1] https://github.com/agl/xmpp-client/issues/82