Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Testing with openqa?

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: The Tails public development discussion list, Tails user experience & user interface design
Aihe: Re: [Tails-ux] [Tails-dev] Testing with openqa?
spencerone@???:
>> intrigeri:
>> Note that tests are written directly in Perl, with no overlay language
>> like Gherkin.
>
> Where can I learn more about testing?

I think that they are talking here about the automated test suite. See
https://tails.boum.org/contribute/release_process/test/automated_tests.

>> Not as if we were taking much benefit from Gherkin for
>> {intra,inter}-team communication yet, but I like it that we're able to;
>> and I intend to try to use Gherkin more in the future when discussing
>> changes with UX folks.
>
> This sounds interesting. I have read some negative things about this
> but the argument made was that the language did exactly as it
> advertised; making humans still have to talk to other humans, as it
> didn't magically resolve their socially retarded nature :)
>
> I am open to poking around with this sooner than later, even in test
> communication runs, if not with live designations decisions.
>
> I have copied the UX list in case people want to nerd out over there, too.

Yeap, I'd like to know more about that intrigeri meant but I guess that
will be done in due time.