Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr][pull] Updating the translation of the …

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr][pull] Updating the translation of the installer (liveusb-creator)
Chre wrote (16 Sep 2015 04:59:50 GMT) :
> This is from original patch file attached of elouann.
> I review this patch file and it is ok for pull.

Thanks, applied *but* please read on.

This won't work:

#: ../liveusb/gui.py:451
-#, fuzzy
msgid "\"Clone & Install\""
-msgstr ""
-"Cloner\n"
-"&&\n"
-"Installer"
+msgstr "\"Cloner & Installer\""

The "\n" were there so that the string fits in the button widget, and
I'm pretty sure they are still needed (see how the display of the
translation for "Upgrade from ISO" in fr_CA is buggy, for example)
=> reverted that part. In general, please don't drop manual formatting
unless you're 100% certain that it's obsolete and now useless :)

Also, IIRC the "&&" was useful for something (I don't remember what),
and I see that a few other PO files (that I've tested and work fine)
have it => re-added.

Cheers!