Re: [Tails-dev] Avid Fan

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tim Almond, The Tails public development discussion list
Aihe: Re: [Tails-dev] Avid Fan
Tim Almond:
> Ahh that does make sense. What about similar software that would meet
> compatibility, security & efficiency standards? If that would even be
> beneficial to us as Tails users.

I personally don't know of any.

> I know this question might sound off subject, but what is your opinion of
> TrueCrypt? I know it was discontinued but after the audit for 7.1 it showed
> no critical issues. Curious to see what an expert might think =)

We already provide LUKS [1] to create and use encrypted volume. We've
discussed the advantages of TrueCrypt in Tails over LUKS in [2]. Our
conclusion was that it would be useful to have better support to *open*
TrueCrypt volumes in Tails, without encouraging creating new ones.

[1]: https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/encrypted_volumes
[2]: https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2015-April/008566.html