[Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 1.6

Author: anonym
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: [Tails-l10n] Fwd: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 1.6
Sorry, I forgot to send this one to tails-l10n@??? too... :/

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 16:59:02 +0200
From: anonym <anonym@???>
To: The Tails public development discussion list <tails-dev@???>
Subject: [Tails-dev] Release schedule for Tails 1.6

Hi,

I'll be the release manager for Tails 1.6, which is a minor release
scheduled on 2015-09-22. For the list of tickets targeting Tails 1.6,
have a look at:

    https://labs.riseup.net/code/projects/tails/issues?query_id=187

Here's the preliminary release schedule:

* 2015-09-20:
   - All branches targeting Tails 1.6 *should* *preferably* be merged
     into the `stable` branch by noon, CEST. See more about this below.

* 2015-09-21:
   - All branches targeting Tails 1.6 *must* be merged into the `stable`
     branch by noon, CEST.
   - Tor Browser 4.5.x, based on Firefox 38esr, is hopefully out so
     we can import it.
   - Build and upload Tails 1.6 ISO image and IUKs.
   - Hopefully start testing Tails 1.6. Again, see below.

* 2015-09-22:
- Finish testing Tails 1.6 by the afternoon, CEST.
- Release Tails 1.6 during late CEST.

Note that I above have said that I'd prefer everything to be merged one
day earlier than normal. This is because I have a very important AFK
event happening on 2015-09-22 and would, if possible, like to be freed
from my Tails responsibilities as soon as possible that day. Ideally I
would like *everything* (including testing, most notably) but the steps
making the release public (announcements on our website/IRC/twitter/Tor
blog) to be done late on 2015-09-21. If someone with Git commit rights
would like to take over that part (which should be only 5-10 minutes of
mindless work, since I will have prepared everything, + waiting for the
Mozilla release announcement) I would be very happy. I'd do the
remaining post-release steps ASAP on 2015-09-23.

This may of course not work out due to last-minute issues, and in
particular the timing of the Tor Browser release. However, with this
advance knowledge I hope that we can try to keep this schedule on our
side at least. If not it wouldn't be the end of the (my?) world. :) Let
me know what you think!

Testers, please let me know:

* if you are available on 2015-09-21, and which times of that day.

* if you are available on 2015-09-22, morning to afternoon, CEST.

Cheers!