[Tails-dev] Testing with openqa?

Author: Alan
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Testing with openqa?
Hi,

At GUADEC I talked with SuSE people about testing. They use something
called OpenQA[1] that looks like a software that does basically what our
automated test suite does[2]: test installers, live isos and
applications integrations by "clicking" on UI images in VMs. They are
trying to convince other distributions to take benefit on the work they
did on it.

Too bad we did develop two solutions in parallel... but I encourage the
people working on the test suite to have a look at OpenQA and consider
wether it would make sense to use it. It has a nice web interface to
update screenshots, and we would share maintenance with other distros.

Cheers

1. https://os-autoinst.github.io/openQA/
2. https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:OpenQA