[Tails-dev] Question about rebasing on git

Author: Romeo Papa
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Question about rebasing on git
Hi,

When working on my own git topic branch, what do I do when rebasing
patches? Do I create a new topic branch and push the rebased commit to
it, or do I just write over my original topic branch?

I'll give you a practical example: I have pushed a series of patch on a
clone of the repo on gitlab. They've been reviewed, and I've been asked
to rebase them. If I overwrite my original branch, then all the comments
and reviews referring to the overwritten commits will not point to any
commits on the repositories. Is that acceptable?

Thanks,