Re: [Tails-dev] DVD vs. USB: doc needs adjustments? [Fwd: […

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, tchou
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] DVD vs. USB: doc needs adjustments? [Fwd: [tor-talk] USB Sticks for Tails -> CCCamp]
Adam Burns:
> On 08/02/2015 04:25 PM, intrigeri wrote:
>> sajolida wrote (01 Aug 2015 15:33:11 GMT) :
>>> But it needs more info before we can go write something. Could you help
>>> us complete this list? as nothing was really "apparent" to me from this
>>> specific thread...
>>
>> Added that to the ticket: "A malicious or buggy DVD drive's firmware
>> can modify the Tails system on-the-fly." If it's not enough, please
>> let me know what's still unclear.
>
> +1 on this. BIOS firmware is just the beginning. DVD drives, hard
> drives, etc, your laptop is actually a network of busses and devices
> that may be remotely upgradable and/or contain firmware you do not
> necessarily trust.

Understood now thanks. I still don't really know what will happen to
this page () once we have the Installation Assistant as people will be
"structurally" encouraged to use USB over DVD. But I think it will
continue living in the main documentation section, and we can consider
linking or inlining it from the Assistant.

That's now https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/9884.