[Tails-dev] Automated test failure with automatically built …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: kytv
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Automated test failure with automatically built feature-branch ISO; self-built works
I started a run with the test suite using
tails-i386-bugfix_9748-revert-apt-amd64-1.5-20150801T1933Z-ac29b77+devel@???
but tests which use bridges fail with something like

    And Tor is ready                                                     # features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:335
      try_for() timeout expired (Timeout::Error)
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:66:in `rescue in try_for'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:24:in `try_for'
      ./features/support/helpers/misc_helpers.rb:70:in `wait_until_tor_is_working'
      ./features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:343:in `/^Tor has built a circuit$/'
      ./features/step_definitions/common_steps.rb:337:in `/^Tor is ready$/'
      features/time_syncing.feature:14:in `And Tor is ready'
    Then Tails clock is less than 5 minutes incorrect                    # features/step_definitions/time_syncing.rb:42

On the screen is "Tor Network Settings" window. Basically the
"Configure" button wasn't pressed.

These same tests with my ISO with bugfix/9748-revert-apt-amd64 merged
into devel will pass. The log looks like the following:
f5c0695 Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/bugfix/9748-revert-apt-amd64' into devel
ac29b77 Revert inclusion of syslinux:amd64 in the ISO.
8877514 Merge branch 'stable' into devel

Note that the commits (other than the merge commit) match what jenkins
used for its ISO (ac29b77+devel@8877514)

My experience seems to differ from the intention outlined at
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/automated_builds_and_tests/autobuild_specs/#index2h2

> A topic branch may be lagging behind the base branch it's based upon.
> What we're interested in is generally not whether a (possibly
> outdated) topic branch builds fine, but whether it would build fine
> once merged into its base branch

In this case the ISO was indeed successfully built by jenkins but
the end result was very different from what I got I merged the branches
locally and built an ISO.