Re: [Freepto] freepto and flash

Author: aab3r
To: Everything about freepto
Subject: Re: [Freepto] freepto and flash
El 2015-07-13 08:22, boyska escribió:
> On 12/07/2015 13:23, aab3r@??? wrote:
>>> http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/boyska+hold-fuse/150710_17.39_v1.0.3stable-7-g4be0c52_Italiano/
>>>
>> Ok, i downloaded and put the english build into an usb drive.
>> I applied the persistence, rebooted, and...
>
> thanks a lot for your test!
>
>> - tortp-gtk: it boots correctly, and even i can see several
>> fingerprints/nicknames/ip addresses in "Infos" tab, but fails to work
>> when pressing "Start" with "An error ocurred while starting tortp".
>
> me and vincent weren't able to reproduce this :/
> since the code hasn't changed, I believe this could be a bug, but not a
> regression. So if we can spot the bug easily it could be fixed,
> otherwise I won't call it a blocker.

Ok, i've been playing with tortp... it seems the problem appears if you
enable the firewall before launching tortp-gtk; sometimes it boots,
sometimes it doesn't, and when it boots, the error message appears.
I guess it makes sense, because tortp needs to connect to locahost.
So, no bug: just remember to enable the firewall AFTER starting
tortp-gtk.

>> - tor-browser: it downloads the tarball, extracts it, but fails to
>> boot.
>> I've been solving this by creating a desktop launcher to
>> /home/paranoid/.local/share/torbrowser/tbb/i686/tor-browser_xx_XX/Browser/start-tor-browser,
>> from which it boots correctly.
>
> that's a great bughunt. Appears that the version of torbrowser-launcher
> that is on wheezy-backports and in jessie is not updated enough for the
> new "format" of torbrowser.
> The one in jessie-backports is.
> After several mumbling, we opted for manually putting the upadted tbl
> in
> the new build, but avoid referencing to jessie-backports in our
> repository list.
>
> Long story short: this should fix the bug.
> http://dev.freepto.mx/dev/freepto-v1.1.0rc1-1-g4eedb8b/freepto-v1.1.0rc1-1-g4eedb8b_English/

Yay! It is working now!!

And about the last mail form Vincent: yes, now the launcher points to
the last version of the Freepto docs. Thanks!

Thanks a lot for your work!