[Tails-dev] Call for help: important stuff we have to do, th…

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-dev] Call for help: important stuff we have to do, that lack people
Hi,

it's often the case that I take care of the unexpected research/code
tasks that pop up on our plate, that some of us feel that we (as
a project) absolutely have to deal with. Of course it's less
simplistic, and sometimes other people do take care of those, and very
often I don't take care of it but instead add it to my backlog and
fail to address the issue effectively. I need to escape this
situation, because it harms me, the project, and much more.

So here's a call for help and volunteers. Here are some tasks that
I would very happily see someone else (and ideally, small teams) take
over:

* #8415 "Migrate from aufs to overlayfs": until this is done, we're stuck
with Jessie's Linux 3.16 kernel
* #7675 "Persist entropy pool seeds"
* #7642 "Investigate whether we should ship /var/lib/urandom/random-seed"
* #5650 "rngd"
* #7100 "Decide what to do with machine-id"
* some bugs in the ikiwiki 'po' plugin, and some missing feature in
other areas of ikiwiki — ask me for details if you want to hack
Perl code

In most cases, it's an option to reconsider the urgency of the task,
and another way to help me is to explain why it's not so critical.

Thanks in advance!