Re: [Tails-dev] 32bit UEFI

Author: 林哲民 (Lin Zhemin)
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] 32bit UEFI
Hi.

I've successfully booted TAILS nightly build (20150712) from Asus X205TA on
a Trenscend 4GB USB 2.0 disk. Since X205TA's internal WiFi is not
supported until Linux 4.0 (you also have to download a binary firmware,
which might not be secure), I used TP-LINK TL-WN722N USB WiFi and it's able
to get IP from DHCP server.

Unsafe browser is able to connect to my home router.

However, with default configuration, Tor Browser shows "Tor is not ready."

Running arm in console also shows that Tor is disconnected.
Shutting down "Mac spoofing" doesn't help.
Running vidalia in console shows "Vidalia was unable to start Tor."
Tor isn't available with a USB-Ethernet adapter + DSL connection, either.

Minor bug:
1. "Restart immediately" resulted in system shutdown.

Is there an official check list to follow for a complete testing report?

Thanks.

--
"A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
(Ecc 3:8)