Re: [Tails-dev] Cryptostorm Integration For TAILS?

Author: intrigeri
To: Dr. Killswitch\, D.V.M.
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Cryptostorm Integration For TAILS?
Hi,

[please don't Cc me, I read the list.]

Dr. Killswitch, D.V.M. wrote (04 Jul 2015 03:04:45 GMT) :
> Cryptostorm's offering is fundamentally different from every other
> provider out there. Specifically: [...]

Note that Tails doesn't support using VPN clients. We have plans to
support this for a limited number of usecases, though:
https://tails.boum.org/support/faq/#vpn

> 1. We want to share the particulars of the NIC and sysctl hardening being
> used, and what specific threats this eliminates, with an eye on this being
> included in TAILS

Cool! Please share this piece of configuration, indeed :)

> 2. We would like TAILS to consider shipping a working Cryptofree setup
> along with Tor and I2P. We realize this is a trifle different for TAILS
> than for the Qubes & Whonix guys, but we think a VPN first/anonymizing
> network next setup has a lot of merit in some situations.

I'll let you look to the FAQ entry mentioned above, that answers this
question already.