[Tails-dev] Automated tests specification

Author: bertagaz
To: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] Automated tests specification
Subject: [Tails-dev] Automated tests specification
Hi,

As the automated builds are soon going to be put in production (yes, they
are), it's time to start the second round of discussion about the next
coming Tails CI feature: automated testing of these automated build ISOs.

Yay!

I've prepared a blueprint to start this discussion and take notes of the
decisions:
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/automated_builds_and_tests/automated_tests_specs/

So please, sit down, take a breath, take whatever drug you like to focus
and think, and read it carefully. :)

There are a lot of blurry areas to determine.

We should probably start by thinking about the first question: when to
test these ISOs, it will help to refine second one regarding how to test
them.

Developers, members of the test suite team, your opinion is warmly
welcome!

bert.