[Tails-ux] Greeter mockups

Author: spencerone
To: tails-ux
Subject: [Tails-ux] Greeter mockups
Hi,

Thanks for the responses! After some exploration the Greeter eventually
reached a point where some decisions need to be made. Each needed
decision is listed below with a brief summary and accompanied by a link
to an image, with more info on each image.

As always, feel free to share your thoughts. Keep in mind that although
we will benefit from arguments for, we also really need arguments
against, so please do not be shy.

NEEDED DECISIONS:

Structure Types[0]
---------------
There are three different structures.

• Step-by-step - Guided walkthrough
• Show/Hide - Hidden off-screen or behind on-screen element
• Openface - Full display

[0] - Greeter.Decision.00.svg

Start Tails Button Location[1]
------------------------------
Should the location of the button be in either the top Greeter frame or
the bottom of the Greeter canvas?

• Top
• Bottom

[1] - Greeter.Decision.01.svg

Color Blocking[2]
-----------------
Should the canvas either split into cells to emphasize separate content
or stand-alone as a single-celled canvas?

• Blocked
• Not Blocked

[2] - Greeter.Decision.02.svg

Settings Labels[3]
------------------
Should the settings sections be labeled with either two or three labels?

• Two
• Three

[3] - Greeter.Decision.03.svg

Label Icons[4]
---------------------
Should icons accompany either the section labels or the line item
labels?

• Section
• Line Item

[4] - Greeter.Decision.04.svg

Close Greeter[5]
---------------------
Should the Greeter have the option to be closed?

• Close
• No Close

[5] - Greeter.Decision.05.svg

Display/Hide[6]
---------------------
Should the Greeter use display/hide functionality to manage information?

• Accordion
• Drawer

[6] - Greeter.Decision.06.svg

Other Options[7]
---------------------
Should we explore other Greeter options?

• Icon Buttons
• Icon & Text Buttons
• Icon, Text, & Info Buttons
• List Item Buttons

[7] - Greeter.Decision.07.svg

Once we decide on these things we can bust out a mockup that embodies
the new decisions and we can hopefully move into each of the settings
options, e.g., Keyboard Language, and so on.

I have kept the explanations as brief as I could, so please ask
questions if you got 'em.

Wordlife,
Spencer