[Tails-ux] Hide internal drives when no admin password has b…

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: spencerone
À: tails-ux
Sujet: [Tails-ux] Hide internal drives when no admin password has been entered
Hi,

>> Spencer:
>> For me, if someone stumbled upon my Tails, I would much prefer that
>> they did not have the
>> "key", i.e., passphrase, to unlock the Encrypted Persistent Storage
>> partition.
>>

> .png:
> Just to be clear, I believe this topic is about whether unencrypted
> partitions on the internal hard disk of a laptop should be made
> available while Tails is running from USB.

I thought you meant local storage as in Tails' local storage, not the
host machine's local storage.

For the record, I did resolved the other issue with reasonable
suggestions :)

But yes, the host machine's local volumes should not auto-mount, as it
is quite unpleasant to see stuff. However, even if volumes mounted
after boot appear automatically, how best can people gain access to the
host machine's volumes as desired?

You suggest an admin-only function to discover and mount these volumes,
how are you envisioning that would work?

Wordlife,
Spencer