Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] wiki/src/doc/about/finances.fr.po

Author: intrigeri
To: syl
CC: tails-l10n
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] wiki/src/doc/about/features.fr.po
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] [fr] wiki/src/doc/about/finances.fr.po
Hi,

[do you read the list, or shall we Cc you? I do read it.]

syl@??? wrote (14 Jun 2015 07:31:25 GMT) :
> Hello, I have update french translation of this page:
> https://tails.boum.org/doc/about/features/index.fr.html

Thanks! Applied, otherwise it's going to be painful to go through
another round a review, given this is no patch nor Git branch.

When looking at the diff I've noticed a few issues, though, so please
read on.

> +msgid "[Shamir's Secret Sharing](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shamir%27s_Secret_Sharin
> g) using [gfshare](http://www.digital-scurf.org/software/libgfshare) and [ssss](http:
> //point-at-infinity.org/ssss/)"
> +msgstr "[Shamir's Secret Sharing](https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partage_de_cl%C3%A9_secr%C3%A8te_de_Shamir) un algorithme de cryptographie utilisant [gfshare](http://www.digital-scurf.org/software/libgfshare) et [ssss](http://point-at-infinity.org/ssss/)"

... feels wrong: one can use SSS *by using* (in other words: with,
thanks to) gfshare and ssss, while this translation means that SSS
itself uses gfshare and ssss, which is untrue. Now, it only popped up
on my radar since your PO editor or something reformatted these lines,
and that's not a regression, so I've merged this anyway.

Also, regarding "tous les logiciels packagés pour Debian": iirc the
official translation is "empaquetés", please double check that on the
Debian website.

This looks weird too: "Quelques [[isolations d’applications".
But again, not a regression. I would write "Quelques [[applications
confinées" or "Quelques [[applications isolées" instead.

> I sent the po file, I should use Git in the future.

Indeed, please :)