Re: [Tails-dev] Talk at DebConf

Author: BitingBird
To: The Tails public development discussion list
CC: content
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Talk at DebConf
Michael Banck:
> Dear Tails Developers,
>
> as part of the programme committee for DebConf15 (to be held from August
> 15th-22nd in Heidelberg, Germany), I would like to encourage you to
> submit a Tails talk for this conference.
>
> In particular, I think a lot of people heard about Tails via the News,
> but technical details in those articles are scarce. So a general talk
> about the mission of Tails, how it is implemented technically, which
> anonymity, safety and security measures are taken on top of Debian and
> that the future roadmap looks like would be great in my opinion.
>
> Such a talk could fit into the Open Weekend, where we want to have
> sessions aimed at a general audience. Of course, further technical
> talks, BoFs or workshops (possibly also during DebCamp, which is
> preceding DebConf) would be welcome as well.
>
> The Call for Proposals closes this Monday (June 15th), but we could
> likely accept a Tails submission slightly later, so let me know if you
> would need more time.
>
> For further information, see http://debconf15.debconf.org/proposals.xhtml
>

> Best regards and hoping to see you at DebConf,
>
> Michael, for the DebConf content team

Hi!

Thanks for your proposal. We're not sure that there will be someone
willing to give a talk yet, intrigeri is already overcommited and I'm
not sure who else would be willing to give a technical talk.

I could give a very general talk about what is Tails, but I won't go
into technical details because that's not my part :)

I asked on tails-project, I'll let you know if someone speaks up :)

Cheers!

BitingBird