Re: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Persistent Storage

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: sajolida
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Tails user experience & user interface design
Aihe: Re: [Tails-ux] Encrypted Persistent Storage
spencerone@???:
>>> Spencer:
>>> In the current blueprint the unlock persistence process seems to be:
>>> 1) Enter passphrase
>>> 2) Start Tails
>>>
>>> If this is the case, is there any feedback? For example, what happens
>>> if people enter the wrong passphrase?
>>>
>>> If not, what is the flow?
>>
>> Sajolida:
>> By the way, I don't mean to be harsh but I think that you should get
>> more first-hand experience on how Tails currently work. This would help
>> you understand better where we're trying to go. Try to start Tails and
>> enter a wrong passphrase and you'll get your answer.
>>

> No worries.

I'm sorry I jumped on you like this :(

I thought you were asking about what was happening in Tails 1.4 when you
were actually asking about what was happening in the design on the
blueprint.

> My question should have read:
>
> After reviewing Tails 1.4, the current blueprint, and the most recent UI
> screens, the unlock persistence process seems to be:
>
> 1) Enter passphrase
> 2) Start Tails

Yes, 2) being "Click 'Start' button" on the blueprint (we're not
actually 'starting Tails' if the password is wrong), see the note in the
"flow" section: "The buttons at the bottom unlock the persistence when
clicked. If the password is wrong then a warning appears and we don't
change screen".

> If this is the case, and we have no intention of changing it for 2.0,
> have we decided on any feedback other than, for example, what happens if
> people enter the wrong passphrase?

Not yet.

> If this is not the intended unlock persistence flow, what is the
> intended flow?

It's the one we have for the moment. I think that with the state of the
design that we have on the blueprint, it felt superfluous to have a
dedicated button to unlock persistence.

--
sajolida