Re: [Tails-dev] FAQ and known issues patch to review

Author: intrigeri
To: goupille
CC: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] FAQ and known issues patch to review
Hi,

first of all, let me state that I'm delighted to see more
contributions to the FAQ and known issues coming from frontdesk
recently. Great job!

goupille wrote (03 Jun 2015 20:27:40 GMT) :
> this patch correct a missplet word

I applied this one, thanks!

> and add the 'how do I ping' question in faq.mdwn,

Yay. Not applied, since I bet BitingBird or sajolida will want to
polish the wording and CSS styling a bit before it lands onto the
translation teams' plate.

> and it add a word adout Gigabyte motherboards in the known issues.

That is:

> +Gigabyte GA-946GMX-S2 Motherboard
> +---------------------------------

I believe the brand name is GIGABYTE (yay, that's ugly, but it's their
call, not mine :)

> +Does not start on USB sticks.

Wow, sad. With what supported installation method(s), exactly?

> Other models of that brand could be affected.

I'm worried that this is maybe a bit too vague, and given we don't say
the same for most other known problematic pieces of hardware, it could
be perceived as a general statement that GIGABYTE motherboards have
more chances than other brands to have problems with USB booting. So,
unless there's specific information that backs it (and then it can be
rephrased in a stronger way, e.g. s/could be/are/), I would drop
this sentence.