Re: [Tails-project] May report

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: Public mailing list about the Tails project
Sujet: Re: [Tails-project] May report
BitingBird:
> The draft of the May report is written:
> https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/report_2015_05/

Thanks a lot for working on that once again :)

> If you have things to add or rewrite, please do so now :)

Done.

> The UX part is empty, I'll try to have a look at the mailing-list if
> nobody else completes it.

Done.

> Code and Infra are only drafted, there are probably more to add.

I'd rather not duplicate what we already have written in release notes
and rather link to them. This would remove Disconnet, Tails Upgrader,
mutt, and cdrdao from this report. I don't think those changes are more
relevant than other stuff in the release notes.

I'm also wondering whether we should mention code changes that will be
mentioned in future release notes. Our monthly reports are aimed at two
different public:

- Our users base, then those people might wonder whether such changes
are ready to use or not.
- Our Tails and Tor colleagues, then those people might comment on a
change before it's released. If so, then what about having a section
about "preparing 1.4.1 (for example)" and listing what's relevant in
there. We used to list such things in the past without mentioning that
they were *future* changes and didn't like it so much. I'll try to have
a look before we publish the report, but maybe it's not relevant this time.

Does it make sense to you?

> Is there more to add to funding and outreach ?

Add some stuff. Regarding funding, I think we should refrain ourself
from mentioning every baby step of every grant each time as this section
will loose interest. So I'm not adding anything here even if some minor
stuff happens regarding OTF for example.

When are you planning to publish it?

--
sajolida