Re: [Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure

Author: u
To: tails-l10n@boum.org
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] Improving Translation Infrastructure
Hi,

[cutting out long explanations about Transifex's inner workings]

Our requirements are marked here:
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/translation_platform/

I think that transifex fulfills most of the MUSTs, although I am not
sure about the "automatic pull from Git repo" - and the context
translation is also not a given. But maybe we can remedy this by adding
to each po file a comment with a link to the original page of the wiki?
Then, translators could look at them at least and see if there are
screenshots for example.

It fails to satisfy some of the SHOULDs:

* be "privacy sensitive", i.e. be operated by a non-profit
* provide support for Git standard development branches (devel, stable,
and testing) -> but we could also agree upon translation only master
through this interface

I personally do not like Transifex's glossary feature, I find it unusable.

But if all the MUSTs are satisfied, we can consider it as one
possibility again. If you want to, please try to find out, using our
requirement list, if that's indeed the case and report back to the list,
point by point.

Cheers,
u.

PS : If possible, can you reply to emails of the list without breaking
the threads? Like, click on "reply list" instead of "reply"? that would
be great!