Re: [Tails-dev] [website][review'n'merge]known issues

Author: intrigeri
To: emmapeel
CC: Tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [website][review'n'merge]known issues
Hi,

emmapeel wrote (31 May 2015 06:50:28 GMT) :
> I added a little note about the Automatic upgrade failing on Windows
> camouflage. We've got quite some mails about it (actually made me
> realise how many people uses the camouflage...)

> tails@???:emmapeel/tails

> [branch]      9413-known-issues -> 9413-known-issues

> Maybe this issue will be solved soon, but I felt it was worth it because
> the root cause is hard to spot on your own, and the workaround is very
> simple once you know the problem.

Fully agreed, thanks!

My comments follow inline. emmapeel, do you want to polish your branch
accordingly? If not, please make sure BitingBird is on it :)

> +<a id="update_fails"></a>

We use "upgrade" for this feature, not "update".

> +Upgrading Tails fails with Windows 8 camouflage
> +-----------------------------------------------

The canonical name of that option in our doc is "Windows camouflage",
so let's stick with it. Only the Greeter says "Microsoft Windows
8 Camouflage" (which is IMO a bug, by the way).

> +The automatic upgrade fails to shut down the network when in
> +Windows 8 camouflage mode and the upgrade cannot be completed.

"when in Windows 8 camouflage mode" isn't super clear; in particular,
IMO "in [...] mode" is a bit too technical. I suggest sticking to the
phrasing used in the corresponding piece of doc, and writing "when
Windows camouflage is activated".

Also, how about adding a link to
[[doc/first_steps/startup_options/windows_camouflage]] somewhere in
this paragraph?