Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: clone

Author: emmapeel
To: Tails user experience & user interface design
Subject: Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: clone
sajolida:
> Right now I'm tempted to stick with "Clone" in our first implementation
> and then see if it raises more problems than "Copy" (that we've been
> using until now in our initial designs for the router at least).
>
> NB: I also liked "duplicate" as proposed by others but it's not clear to
> me that it solves the issues I have with both "copy" and "clone".

Maybe on the first occurrences of the word clone we can add '(exact
copy)' or something similar '(duplicate your Tails)'.

Clone is not so cryptic or (computer) jargon I think, although maybe
when out of context it could, the first time, create confusion. But is
precise and will be good for the regular users of Tails that we hope
they become...