Re: [Tails-dev] review'n'merge: feature/7976-disallow-lan-in…

Author: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] review'n'merge: feature/7976-disallow-lan-in-tor-browser
On 05/26/2015 02:24 PM, sajolida wrote:
> anonym:
>> On 05/26/2015 09:52 AM, intrigeri wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> for the record, #8711 ("Investigate how we could improve the error
>>> message when browsing LAN from usual Tor Browser") was initially seen
>>> as blocking this work, and anonym's current proposal is to postpone
>>> that part, and to treat with with a priority level "depending on how
>>> much trouble it causes our front desk team".
>>>
>>> I'm personally fine with this proposal.
>
> Me too.
>
> [...]
>
>> Lastly, my plate is really full for Tails 1.4.1, and I expect some of it
>> to be post-poned to 1.5 and maybe even 1.5.1 (given my vacation plans),
>> so if I'm to do anything more here it may have to wait until Tails 1.6.
>
> I'd say we can maybe wait and do things properly which is doing 1 in
> coordination with Tor.

Ok, then. I have closed #8711 since the investigation part is done, and
opened #9473 for the implementation, with milestone set to 1.5.1 (I now
realize that 1.5 is a no-no, at least if I'm gonna do it) and assigned
it to me.

> The other error message I'd like to configure is the one saying "The
> proxy server is refusing connections" when Tor is not ready. That's
> related to #8061. So if we can find something that is partly reusable in
> both cases, then that would be great.

Modifying exactly that page is what FoxyProxy does, so this will be
easy. Feel free to create a ticket and make it related to #9473 in some way.

Cheers!