Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) signing key clarification

Author: intrigeri
To: Tails localization discussion
Subject: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review) signing key clarification
sajolida wrote (26 May 2015 11:51:23 GMT) :
> intrigeri:
>> Yes. But doc/openpgp-signing-key can't be merged as is: apparently
>> it contains duplicate, rewritten copies of commits that already are on
>> master (e.g. 69e0a45 was rewritten into ff6d64e).

> The merge worked.

... for some definition of "work".

I should probably have been clearer. When I wrote "can't be merged",
I meant "should not be merged because its Git history is buggy, and if
we start accepting such branches from you, good luck to reject them
from everyone else then".

> Tell me if I missed anything.

I assumed that spending time to show precise examples of the
problematic commits would be enough to make my point clear. Anyway, no
big deal: the resulting content is the same, modulo Git history. I can
totally live with that this time.