Re: [Tails-dev] Question regarding Tails build

Autore: anonym
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Oggetto: Re: [Tails-dev] Question regarding Tails build
On 05/22/2015 01:31 PM, Adam Burns wrote:
> I've taken a very quick look at this.
>
> As the ticket #8086 suggests, it is an issue in the way Rake is used
> with a "Monkey-patched" Vagrant to build TAILS.

The monkey patch is against *Vagrant*, and has nothing to do with Rake.
IIRC newer versions of Vagrant has built-in authentication of the boxes,
so that patch can be dropped.

> Although the devs are keen to move to some other tech (Docker was
> mentioned), I'm looking at removing Rake (and thus the Vagrant library
> calls) from the build process if relatively easy to do so.
>
> I suspect rake was used to front end Vagrant in earlier days when
> perhaps Vagrant was less complete, but from quick examination, I don't
> think Rake is required now (nor I suspect the patching). It would
> simplify things enormously and bring wider Vagrant version compatibility
> across (including non-Debian) build OS environments.

For the list of issues we have with Vagrant, see:

    https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/replace_vagrant/

Cheers!