[Tails-ux] RFC: new time sync'ing user story

Author: intrigeri
To: tails-ux
CC: anonym, tails-dev
Subject: [Tails-ux] RFC: new time sync'ing user story
Hi,

[Please keep anonym Cc'd; also Cc'ing tails-dev@ once so that people
there learn about this discussion -- but please drop tails-dev@ from
the list of recipients when replying. Thanks!]

anonym and I (thanks to an initial suggestion by DrWhax) came up with
a draft proposal to change how we set the system time in Tails, and
how this integrates with the Tor bootstrap process.

We would like to get some initial feedback regarding the proposed user
story. Note that it is related to how timezone selection will be
presented in the new, revamped Greeter.

=> see the "Ask the user what time it is" section on
https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/robust_time_syncing/

Don't hesitate asking any question that's not answered in that
blueprint yet, no matter how "stupid" you might think it is: quite
often, this very kind of questions helps looking at the problem at
hand from a different angle, and find better solutions :)

If anyone has comments or questions on the technical/implementation
aspects, please do so in separate messages, sent to tails-dev@ only.

Thanks in advance!