Re: [Tails-dev] VeraCrypt

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, tslgc
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] VeraCrypt
intrigeri:
> [please don't Cc me, I read the list.]
>
> Marco Polo wrote (13 May 2015 04:42:35 GMT) :
>> I see you are looking at tcplay to replace TrueCrypt because it supports TC with
>> additional functionality.
>
> Where did you find this information? It looks pretty much out-of-date
> to me.

intrigeri:

https://tails.boum.org/blueprint/replace_truecrypt/

Says "Due to various concerns, TrueCrypt is about to be replaced in
Tails, either by tcplay or cryptsetup."

Shall we delete that blueprint now that #5373 is solved?

Marco:

We are not considering tcplay to replace TrueCrypt now that we have
support to open TrueCrypt volumes in cryptsetup, see

https://tails.boum.org/doc/encryption_and_privacy/truecrypt

The only thing that we are considering changing regarding the current
situation is to provide a graphical way of opening TrueCrypt volumes as
an interoperability feature for encrypted data between Tails and other
operating systems. See the discussion we had on:

https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2015-April/008566.html

But our conclusion was that we should work on having support to open
TrueCrypt volume in the usual stack: cryptsetup < udisks < Disk Utility.

--
sajolida