[Tails-dev] Truly Random Mac Changer

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Source Valley
À: tails-dev, tails
Sujet: [Tails-dev] Truly Random Mac Changer
Hello,
Really enjoy Tails, have been using it for a while now. Just one critical feature I feel like is lacking from Tails. A random mac changer. I know that they recently implemented a mac changer but that only changes the last 3 octets of my mac (example: 00-00-00-XX-XX-XX) instead of (XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX). I understand in certain situations one wouldn't want a truly random mac as that might get un-needed attention but for some of us advanced users it would be nice to have a small checkbox saying something along the lines of [ALL Random].

There are countless example I can think of where one might need a truly random mac changer, here is just one example: If I'm sitting in a coffee shop and I'm the only one with a Unique first 3 octet wifi card, then it wouldn't be too difficult to reveal who I am.

You can still keep the current random last 3 octet by default, but please give us advanced users an option a simple checkbox that gives us a random mac (macchanger -a) mac address.

Please implement this simple but much needed feature in the next version of Tails if possible.

Thank you.