Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: clone

Poista viesti

Vastaa
Lähettäjä: u
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: tails-ux
Aihe: Re: [Tails-ux] Terminology for the web assistant: clone
tchou:
> sajolida:
>> u:

>> Thanks to both of you for commenting on this.
>>
>> So it seems like "clone" is not problematic. We've been using it for a
>> while and it is also more specify (we use "copy" in many other places to
>> mean other things), so let's stick to "clone" and precise when needed
>> what it corresponds to in terms of scenario. Like in the router.
>>
>> Tchou: What do you think? Shall we try what u proposes and rename "Copy
>> from a friend" as "Clone from a friend"?

> Maybe just "Install from a friend" as headline (Install from a friend /
> Install from scratch), and "cloning" in the explanation.

> (And that's an other discussion, but I mention it while it's in this
> screen : from ux tests, the "scratch" word is not so clear. Maybe
> "Install from internet".)

Hm, that does not completely translate from scratch imho. From scratch
rather means "fresh install", "start from zero", in my understanding.

But I guess by "from the Internet" you mean: download an fresh ISO from
the Internet. "Install from Internet" does not sound very trustworthy to
me - although the friend maybe also installed it from the Internet,
right? Maybe you should open a dedicated thread for this one.

Cheers!
u.