Re: [Tails-dev] review release notes for 1.4

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] review release notes for 1.4
Hi,

sajolida wrote (06 May 2015 15:50:18 GMT) :
> The release notes for 1.4 are ready for review. That's ticket #9331.

Yay! Great piece of writing. Comments follow.

It feel strange to mention an I2P minor release, but not a Tor major
new version. Also, I've no idea what "floodfill performance" is in
this context.

I find the example provided for "Tor isolates better the connections
to **third-party content**" unconvincing:

> - Tor isolates better the connections to **third-party content**
> included on the websites that you visit. For example, the connection
> made through a *like* button from Facebook, Twitter, or Google+ is
> now going through the same circuit as the connections made to the
> website. This prevents third-party websites from correlating your
> visits to different websites.

The fact that 3rd-party resource fetches go through the same circuit
as the originally requested page, in itself, doesn't prevent any
correlation. It only becomes the case once *combined* with the fact
that different tabs won't use the same circuit. So, introducing it
with "For example" seems incorrect to me. Now, clearly that's a pretty
tough one to phrase => good luck.

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning "Add Debian Jessie to the list
of APT sources", especially in the "Fixed problems" section, since 1.
we already had Jessie sources in 1.3.2, just named differently; 2.
it doesn't fix any problem that 1.3.2 had, AFAIK. It does fix
a problem 1.4 would have if we didn't do it, though -- it simply could
not have been built. In any case, none of this is user-visible, right?

I don't understand this sentence: "In the browser theme of the Windows
8 camouflage, the default Firefox tab is user and the search bar
is enabled."

That's all :)