Re: [Tails-dev] Group Installer - Proposal

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: sajolida
À: The Tails public development discussion list, noid
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] Group Installer - Proposal
sajolida:
> noid:
>> I really appreciate the work you're doing and know Tails development has
>> priorities, I'm not asking for you to change them and and I'm open to
>> reconsider my project if some of the work that must be done fits my knowledge
>> and my university work requirements.
>
> That's another option but it's hard to tell without knowing in more
> details what are you skills, how much time you will be able to dedicate
> to your project, and what kind of project fits in this scope. I also
> think that your project as you describe it is very ambitious and if you
> want to downsize it a bit we might be able to find other tasks in our
> roadmap for you.

We haven't heard back from you since then... Still, I wanted to add that
if you end up thinking that this project is too ambitious for your
skills or for the time that you can allocate to it. I'm sure that you
can work on tiny bit of the Tails Server project that could still be
already helpful on the short term.

For example you could work on making it easier to start different kind
of services on Tails (Gobby, XMPP, HTTP). Some of us have started
documenting how to do an HTTP server.

See https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7879

But you could go further and explore their preseeding through debconf.

You could also work on having a screen locker for Tails (which could be
a requirement for the server edition).

See https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/5684

--
sajolida