Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/start…

Üzenet törlése

Válasz az üzenetre
Szerző: u
Dátum:
Címzett: tails-l10n
Tárgy: Re: [Tails-l10n] (review)[de] wiki/src/doc/first_steps/startup_options.de.po
Hi,

thanks for the detailed follow up on terminology!

Sycamoreone started to write a glossary some weeks ago and we should add
those terms to it I think.

> Most changes are harmless but some are a bit tricky:
> - while describing the Tails Greeter dialogs, we translate the Text
> on the buttons, which at that point in the boot process, are still
> in English: so we have the dilemma to either say the displayed
> (English) name of the button, or to translate it as if the language
> in Tails Greeter was already changed to German.
> I don't have an answer to this and left them translated.

I have no opinion on this one yet.

> - Then I also changed "Netzwerkkonfiguration" to
> "Netzwerkeinstellungen" because that is the term used in Tails
> Greeter. On the other hand, the referenced wiki page uses
> "Netzwerkkonfiguration" as its title.

I prefer "Netzwerkeinstellungen". I think it's Frank Anonima who
translated all the "-konfiguration" to "-einstellungen" in Transifex and
I think that that's the correct thing to do, as "Konfiguration" is a too
technical term once again.

> So we are either inconsistent with Tails Greeter or the wiki...
> - Similarly, we currently say "Verschleiern der MAC-Adresse"
> (consistent with the wiki) whereas Tails Greeter uses
> "Manipulation der MAC-Adresse" (from transifex)

Here I prefer "verschleiern" as this is much more specific than
"manipulieren". "Manipulieren" does not explain what this option
actually does.

> - The same goes for "Verschlüsselter beständiger Speicherbereich" that
> we use here and in the wiki and "Beständige Speicherpartition" in
> Tails Greeter.

I think we agreed on "Beständige Speicherpartition" recently.

> For reference, this is the translation in Tails Greeter:
> https://git-tails.immerda.ch/greeter/tree/po/de.po

Thanks for working on this,

Cheers!
u.