Re: [Tails-dev] known issues - another laptop model

Author: intrigeri
To: emmapeel
CC: tails-dev
New-Topics: Re: [Tails-dev] known issues - another laptop model
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] known issues - another laptop model
Hi,

emmapeel wrote (22 Apr 2015 11:46:11 GMT) :
> Here a patch for the known issues page,

Thanks a lot!

> adding MacBook Air 6,1 to the list of laptops with Broadcom drivers

Well, that's not a list of laptops with Broadcom drivers: it's rather
a list of laptops with the BCM43224 Wi-Fi adapter.

According to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacBook_Air#Specifications,
the MacBook Air 6,1 (and 6,2, 7,1 and 7,2 by the way -- perhaps we
could save some time for us and users if we add them in the same go)
rather has something based on BCM4360.

I'll trust the result of your investigations, and I'm not very
surprised that said Wi-Fi adapter shares some issues with BCM43224.

Still, my current understanding is that this patch, if applied as-is,
would introduce incorrect information on the known issues page, that
may confuse users looking for their laptop or network adapter name
in there.

=> I think that this paragraph needs to be either split per-device, or
adjusted somehow to cover all devices it's about. Good luck :)

Hint: that the "bcm43224" HTML anchor shall not be broken in the
process, since it's been referred to in a blog post of ours in
the past.