Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-like system for tablets

Author: Adam Burns
To: tails-dev
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Tails-like system for tablets
On Saturday 11 April 2015 15:11:24 Jeff Burdges wrote:
> I skimmed the "TAILS Mobile via USB or dual-boot” thread :
> https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2014-January/004632.html
>
> Ignoring momentarily questions about USB boot :
>
> Can we even secure a mobile device at the application, OS, and network
> level?

Given the hardware layout of most if not all mobile phones (and any
tablet/phablet) together with the intimate hardware relationship with the
carriers SIM card (computer) I would be extremely skeptical about answering
even maybe to this question.

At the very least, see https://srlabs.de/rooting-sim-cards/

Regards,

Adam.

--
Adam Burns

XMPP: adam.burns@???
51D2 CACB 3604 00E3 05D7 9AE0 E4C7 6DBF E283 909C
GPG Server: keys.gnupg.net