Re: [Tails-dev] GUI for encrypted volumes from LUKS/TrueCryp…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list, ghostlands
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] GUI for encrypted volumes from LUKS/TrueCrypt container files
I'm replacing this in the thread it belongs. ghostlands, please do
"Reply" to this email if you want to stay in the loop.

PS: And please reply inline (below the quote) as we usually do.

ghostlands@???:
> Hi, random lurker speaking up here with a question.
>
> I don't mean to distract from the topic, but regarding
> interoperability, what about FreeOTFE? It's source was available,
> and someone else has picked it up and forked it on GitHub as
> DoxBox: https://github.com/t-d-k/doxbox
>
> Is there any consideration underway to support this solution and
> its development? I know it wouldn't solve all of the issues with
> the absence of TrueCrypt, but it certainly would broaden the
> relevance of LUKS.

Right, if we're left with interoperability as the main reason to stick
with the TrueCrypt disk format, then we might as well look at this
option the other way around and advertise tools to open LUKS on other
operating systems.

--
sajolida