Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification

Author: intrigeri
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Automated builds specification
Hi,

anonym wrote (25 Mar 2015 16:30:26 GMT) :
> On 25/03/15 16:44, intrigeri wrote:
>> anonym wrote (24 Mar 2015 16:50:06 GMT) :
>>> However, I think the reason I asked for this feature was to trigger
>>> rebuilds when the feature branch's APT suite has been updated. From
>>> reading the blueprint it only mentions "Git", so I assume the "watchdog"
>>> won't look at the feature branch's APT suite state?
>> [...]
>> Long-term: it seems quite clear to me that any upload to an APT suite
>> should trigger a rebuild of the *directly* affected base branch.

> I assume you didn't intend "base" to be there, right?

Right.

> This should fix all issues I came up with

Cool :)

> Sorry for the noise.

No problem, it forced me to clarify my vision, and thus gives more
ample opportunity to others to disagree while it's not too late.
(I'd hate to see the "OMG WTF?" effect in N months, when all this
is ready to go into production. I'm still bitter from last time it
happened, so better avoid it :)