Re: [Tails-dev] patch to the known_issues list

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: goupille
CC: tails-dev
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] patch to the known_issues list
Hi,

goupille wrote (26 Mar 2015 12:45:14 GMT) :
>> Two questions:
>>
>> * What do you mean with "since 1.3"? Did it work with an
>> earlier version?

> the issue appeared with Tails 1.3, it worked with older versions.

>> * What do you mean with "made with Tails installer"? Can these
>> computers boot Tails if it's installed in another way?

> they both could boot manually (linux) installed Tails. the user suspect that the Bios
> of these laptop isn't happy with booting Tails from a secondary partition.

Now I'm a bit lost, so:

* just to be clear: did these machines boot from Tails 1.3 "made with
Tails Installer"?

* what's the exact behaviour the user sees when Tails 1.3.1 fails
to boot?

(I can't remember of any change, between 1.3 and 1.3.1, that would
impact booting from a device created by Tails Installer, but not
a device installed manually, so I suspect a user mistake somewhere
here, or some unclarity in the report -- I would dislike adding wrong
"hardware that doesn't work" information to our known issues page.)

> I'll make the changes and send another patch, thanks

Thanks :)