Re: [Tails-dev] New dev contributor

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: The Tails public development discussion list
Sujet: Re: [Tails-dev] New dev contributor
Hi,

F Louk wrote (22 Mar 2015 14:07:34 GMT) :
> I am loukdev and I would contribute to Tails but I don't really know where
> to begin.

Welcome aboard!

> Here are the languages I know, in decreasing order :
> - C, C++

Ah, I like it! How about tackling one of these two upstream Pidgin
improvements we need?

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/7404
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6232

[Now, we're seriously considering replacing Pidgin at some point, so
perhaps don't spend too much time on it.]

Or, if you feel like it, we would like to see udisks and Seahorse
improved in various ways.

> - Python

About half of our custom programs are written in Python. The following
tasks might be good entry points:

https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6878
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6054
https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6525

... otherwise, ask Alan (alan@???) who might want to recruit you
for working on Tor Monitor :)

> - notions in OCaml, SmallTalk, Haskell

Cool. I'll keep that in mind, e.g. if/when we ever try to integrate
git-annex (written in Haskell) into Tails.

> PS : Sorry if my english is not very good ;)

It's perfectly fine.