Re: [Tails-project] I habe a humble proposal for the Starpro…

Author: intrigeri
To: info\@thomas-engelmann.de
CC: tails-dev, tails-project
Subject: Re: [Tails-project] I habe a humble proposal for the Starprocedure of Tails
Hi Thomas,

[This mailing-list is for non-technical project-wide discussion about
Tails, so I'm redirecting this discussion to tails-dev@???.
Please drop tails-project@??? from the list of recipients when
replying, thanks!]

info@??? wrote (18 Mar 2015 22:37:45 GMT) :
> I am a 57 yrs. old User of Tails.

Welcome aboard!

> When i start my Pc with Tails by CD (or DVD) the start of the Sytems stops when i get
> asked if i want more options.

> Whitout pressing a button ( you want to change Options) i din't run.

> I habe a humble proposal:

> How about a Timecounter ( maybe 30 sec.) that means: When you DONT change Options,
> the System will run with the standard Options?

What would be the benefit? Simply pressing the Enter key has the same
effect if you're fine with the defaults, and I suspect that most Tails
users need to change at least the language and/or keyboard layout.

The main drawback I see with this proposal is that it breaks
a use-case that's probably quite common: "I start Tails, look
elsewhere for a few minutes, and come back hoping to find the Greeter
and to set e.g. my preferred language".