Re: [Tails-dev] adding SanDisk Extreme to known issues

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] adding SanDisk Extreme to known issues
BitingBird:
> sajolida:
>> BitingBird:

>>> Actually, I also added the Sony SD Card - so please apply this patch
>>> instead, it has the commits for both unsupported devices.
>>
>> I'm fine with your change to the SanDisk section as frontdesk also
>> reported something similar lately.
>>
>> Regarding the Sony SD card, I would like to be a bit more careful before
>> adding it. Where did you get that information from? What was happening?
>
> I added the ones listed in https://labs.riseup.net/code/issues/6397

Ah! I thought you had received yourself another report for that same
card. As frontdesk has all the information and time needed to further
very those facts (and submit patches accordingly), I won't do it myself
and I suggest you don't either.

For example, as of now we don't have enough information to be sure that
the Sony card is problematic. People do all kind of crazy stuff to get
Tails to run and report them in very funny ways sometimes. If want to
see the output of that `find` command.

I'll comment on the ticket.

> I'll try not to do that in the future, but I'd really prefer not to
> redo the patch for this.

Please don't. It's clearly a task for frontdesk.

--
sajolida