Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-support] PGP MIME is insecure (for me…

Author: sajolida
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] [Tails-support] PGP MIME is insecure (for me)
matsa:
> On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 12:26:41 +0000
> sajolida <sajolida@???> wrote:
>
>>> It has something to do with the fact that once you encrypt a
>>> message for the receiving party, you may not be able to decrypt it
>>> yourself. A message in the 'drafts' folder is incomplete by
>>> definition and may need to be re-opened by the sender in plaintext
>>> to make adjustments. So the message cannot be fully encrypted while
>>> in the draft section.
>>
>> A usual trick to prevent this is to encrypt messages for yourself as
>> well as for the receiver. Is there any option for that in Claws maybe?
>
> Yes there is, in Configuration > Preferences for current account >
> Privacy > "Encrypt sent messages ..."
>
> It works for *sent* messages, I didn't test for drafts.

Do you want check if that could be added by default in accountrc.tmpl?

If so, please create a ticket about that.

Because if we think that this has no negative security outcomes we might
as we change this. This goes against our policy of diverging a little as
possible from upstream, but as we are going to replace Claws in
2015-2016 I guess this could be little work and will have a very low
maintenance cost.

--
sajolida