[Tails-dev] Announcing control-port-filter-python - a fork o…

Author: Patrick Schleizer
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: [Tails-dev] Announcing control-port-filter-python - a fork of tor-controlport-filter by Tails
Dear Tails developers,

I would like to inform you about the existence of
control-port-filter-python, a fork of tor-controlport-filter by Tails.

Improvements:

* Supports parallel connections.
* Configurable by dropping .d-style configuration snippets into
/etc/cpfpy.d. I.e. whitelist can be extended by dropping snippets.
* Supports logging.
* Support to answer 'getinfo net/listeners/socks' with the lie
'250-net/listeners/socks="127.0.0.1:9150"'.
* Honors signals sigterm, sigint.
* Complete sysvinit script.
* Lintian clean /debian packaging folder.

Code:
https://github.com/Whonix/control-port-filter-python

Main script:
https://github.com/Whonix/control-port-filter-python/blob/master/usr/lib/control-port-filter-python/cpfp.py

Wiki page:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/Control_Port_Filter_Proxy

It has been mostly written by troubadoour with some reviewing and
testing by me.

We would like to hear your feedback, comments, etc.

A comparison of the three Tor ControlPort filters that exist so far can
be found here:
https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Dev/Control_Port_Filter_Proxy#Comparison_of_Control_Port_Filters

Thank you for writing tor-controlport-filter!

Cheers,
Patrick