Re: [Tails-dev] Connect Electrum to .onion servers

Author: Thomas White
To: The Tails public development discussion list
Subject: Re: [Tails-dev] Connect Electrum to .onion servers
Just to throw in my 2c

Myself and s7r operate an Electrum server

sbow7bnje2f4gcvt.onion:50001

On 08/03/2015 14:52, Minoru wrote:
> Jurre,
>
> Thanks for the quick reply. Technically, this is more of a feature
> than a bug. I actually emailed the Tails-bugs email address about
> the Electrum SPV vulnerability and they said that they like to
> focus on problems with Tails specifically, not software built on
> top of Tails. Also, yes, I would love to help Tails. That is why I
> have been emailing about Electrum. However, I can only contribute
> “documentation” about how bitcoin works and propose solutions to
> problems. Someone else would need to write the code.
>

> On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 14:37:10 +0000 Minoru <minoru@???>
> wrote:
>
>> I was able to find three Electrum servers that support Tor
>> hidden services: electrumupzx5w5f.onion kngqe2mrt4wnpxtt.onion
>> k33y7ns2ma65xgtr.onion I have not received a reply to my last
>> email
>> [https://mailman.boum.org/pipermail/tails-dev/2015-March/008302.html]

about my proposal for a complete solution to the DoS problem using
>> trusted Electrum servers connected by a Tor hidden service.
>> Sajolida, do you have any updates about giving users the option
>> to connect Electrum to .onion servers? Could we present a
>> dialogue like the warning about Tails persistence before the
>> client starts up?
>>
>> Cheers, Minoru

- --
Activist, anarchist and a bit of a dreamer.
Keybase: https://keybase.io/thomaswhite

PGP Keys: https://www.thecthulhu.com/pgp-keys/
Current Fingerprint: BA81 407C BD61 CD15 E5D9 ADA9 5FA2 426F F34E 0FD4
Master Fingerprint: DDEF AB9B 1962 5D09 4264 2558 1F23 39B7 EF10 09F0

Twitter: @CthulhuSec
XMPP: thecthulhu at jabber.ccc.de
XMPP-OTR: 4321B19F A9A3462C FE64BAC7 294C8A7E A53CC966