[Tails-testers] Please test sound support and default mixer …

Supprimer ce message

Répondre à ce message
Auteur: intrigeri
À: tails-testers
Nouveaux-sujets: Re: [Tails-testers] Please test sound support and default mixer levels on Tails/Jessie
Sujet: [Tails-testers] Please test sound support and default mixer levels on Tails/Jessie
Hi,

in our experimental Tails/Jessie, we drop a piece of configuration
that qualifies as "legacy", but still might be useful, on some
hardware, to set proper sound mixer levels. I'd like to know to what
extent this breaks things for actual users. So:

1. Download the latest experimental Tails/Jessie ISO:
http://nightly.tails.boum.org/build_Tails_ISO_feature-jessie/

2. Boot this ISO on that system

3. Check that the sound levels are OK: if you play music without
changing the mixer settings, does it work?

4. If it doesn't work out-of-the-box, then install the `alsa-utils'
package, e.g. with Synaptic (you'll need to refresh the packages
list first), and retry. Does this improve things for you?

5. If you discovered any problem in the previous steps, try to
reproduce the problem in Tails 1.3.

6. If you've seen regressions with the experimental Tails/Jessie ISO,
compared to Tails 1.3, report back on this thread. Please include:

- the output of the "/sbin/lspci" command
- the content of the "/proc/asound/cards" file

Thanks!